“For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith. For as we have many members in one body, but all the members do not have the same function, so we, being many, are one body in Christ, and individually members of one another. Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, let us prophesy in proportion to our faith; or ministry, let us use it in our ministering; he who teaches, in teaching; he who exhorts, in exhortation; he who gives, with liberality; he who leads, with diligence; he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness.” Romans 12:3-8
“Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Cor. 10:31
“As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.” 1 Peter 4:10-11
I LOVE LOVE LOVE to write and have been writing since I was a little girl, but you might be surprised to know the 5 reasons I LOVE my writing. In fact, more than surprised, I hope you are inspired. Inspired to use your own gifts God has given you and to discover what I have found with this gift of writing He has given me.
1. I LOVE to write. Plain and simple. I simply love using the gift God has given me. I love the enjoyment and fulfillment, the challenge and satisfaction, the thrill and excitement, the incredibly natural feeling that comes with it, just about everything about the act of writing when I am writing for the Lord.
2. Most importantly, I LOVE writing because for me it is an act of LOVE FOR and WORSHIP of THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
3. And, right along with that, I LOVE using the gift of writing God has given me TO TELL THE WORLD ABOUT THE LORD JESUS CHRIST, to help people to learn of Jesus, to believe in Jesus, and to faithfully devotedly passionately follow Jesus.
4. I LOVE that when I write for Jesus, and write the messages God gives me, I learn from the Lord, I grow in the Lord, I am challenged by the Lord, I am convicted by the Lord, I am changed by the Lord, I grow closer to the Lord, I feel the presence of the Lord, I am drawn to the Lord, and I experience the love, mercy, grace, hope, joy, peace, and passion, the fellowship, communion, kindness, patience, and excitement of the Lord. This is NOT by any means always the case, but when I write for the Lord, the door is flung wide open for all of this to be possible.
5. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to write because as I’m writing and even in and through the writing because of the Lord, I get to see the GLORY OF THE LORD and at the same time have an amazing opportunity to GLORIFY THE LORD!
My friend, whoever you are reading this, you may not have been given the gift of writing. But God gives all of us gifts. And these gifts from God are to be used for God and for others. And, in the process of using the gifts to love and serve God and others, I believe we are blessed and rewarded in as many ways and as much as it is the Lord’s desire to love and bless His dedicated faithful followers.
Are you using God’s gifts to you for God’s glory? And to love and serve Him and to love and serve others?
Please do! Yes, please do! AMEN!
The scriptures above show us God gives His followers gifts for His glory, to love and bless Him and others with, and to be used with the faith, strength, grace, and ability He gives us!
Yes, friend, use the gifts He has given you. With the faith, ability, grace, and strength He gives you – for the glory of God and to love and bless Him and others in His name!
HALLELUJAH! GLORY – ALL GLORY – to God most high! AMEN!