“Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.” 2 Tim. 4:2
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;” 1 Peter 3:15
“And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.” Mt. 28:18-20
Ugh. I HATE administrative work. Of course it’s part of having a non-profit ministry. And I don’t have a staff to do it. Long story short, one morning I just HAD to get away from the work and out of my hotel room and away from the dogs and take some time to PRAY and EXERCISE out the stress. So off I hurried only to remember the weather was anything but a Florida sunshine-y day! Windy. Cold. Wet. Ugh some more.
Simple solution. Walk quickly up and down the long hotel corridors, back and forth, back and forth, up some stairs, back and forth on another floor, up and down, pray, pray, PRAY! The cleaning lady made a comment, and I told her as I passed by I wasn’t just exercising. I was PRAYING. Only the Lord knew how He would use my yearning to get away from my admin work and outside the hotel room FOR HIS GLORY.
A woman checking out of her room had come back to find something she had left behind. She heard the cleaning lady make a comment about me PRAYING, and she made it abundantly clear she needed prayer. Yet she was in an enormous hurry – especially when her husband came back to find her. As soon as I offered to pray for her, she started crying and came quickly into the fold of my arms as I offered her a hug. Within the about 120 seconds she stopped before rushing forward in her life to wherever she was going next, the Lord gave me enough time to give her and her husband Gospel tracts, to let them know I would pray, and to show them they were loved.
Why share this with you? Because the Lord put on my heart this message. WE WHO BELIEVE IN JESUS AS LORD MUST BE READY AT ALL TIMES TO DO THIS:
– To share the Gospel message
– To love, pray for, encourage, and help those who already believe in Jesus to follow Him
– To show the love of Christ in how we interact with all people at all times
– To be able to explain the hope we have in CHRIST!
I was given about two minutes in this woman and her husband’s lives, but it was enough because I was ready to do what the Lord desired I do.
How can we be ready?
* Repent and believe in Christ as Lord who died on the cross to pay our sin penalty and was raised from the dead, be sealed by and receive the gift of God’s Holy Spirit who indwells His followers, truly devoting our lives to God and His ways
* Live our lives daily to love and worship and serve and glorify God
* Spend time daily with the Lord and the Bible studying, seeking Him, praying, listening, praising, and worshiping Him
* Yield to Him and His ways continually as He conforms us to Himself, repenting as we go along as He grows us in His image
* Assemble regularly with fellow Christ followers to love and worship God and to love and serve one another
* Be ever ready to spread the love and message of Christ with the world around us
Are you ready?